It is important that there is a mutual understanding between parents and the Outaouais Minor Football Association regarding our refund policy. In order to run this not-for-profit youth sports organization, OMFA/AFMO has to prepay for insurance, the purchase and refurbishment of the football gear, and other substantial costs prior to the start of each season. In the event your child decides he/she doesn’t want to play after the season has started, we are unable to recoup these costs. Also, we often turn kids away because the league is full, or due roster restrictions – your child will have taken a spot that could have gone to another player. It is for these reasons OMFA/AFMO has the following refund policy:
Refunds of registration fees paid to OMFA shall be made only in the following instances:
- If a player or parent changes their mind prior to distribution of equipment, this will result in a full refund of registration fees less a $50 processing fee.
- If a player sustains a season ending injury* prior to the start of the season, this will result in a full refund of registration fees less a $50 processing fee.
- If a player or parent changes his/her mind about participating after the equipment is handed out, this will result in a 50% refund less a $50 processing fee.
- After the second scheduled practice of the season, no refunds will be issued for any reason.
- Please note all refunds must be requested by sending an email to email@example.com .
- No other requests will be accepted.